Technical Bulletin 2015-017 clarifies code requirements for lot line window openings and supersedes TPPN 10/1987
Design 2147, Ltd. wants to alert our readers to Buildings Bulletin 2015-017 recently issued by the DOB regarding lot line windows.
The bulletin establishes a formal process by which the Department can review and approve lot line window openings in excess of what is permitted “As of Right” by the Building Code. Items specifically discussed include:
- Distance requirements from the lot line;
- Glazed exterior walls as rated assemblies;
- Lot line conditions based on occupancy classifications;
- Distance between openings and neighboring building;
- Natural light and ventilation requirements on zoning lots with multiple tax lots;
To view the complete bulletin, click here.