New Permit Fees for New Buildings and Alterations Applications Released by Dept. of Buildings as per Local Law 56 of 2016
With the ever changing Dept. of Buildings rules and protocols, we wanted to alert our friends that the next wave of changes has been released. An amendment to the administrative code of the city of New York was approved as part of Local Law 56 of 2016, effective June 9, 2016. For full details on the changes, please refer to the link below of BC Table 28-112.2 of the administrative code of the city of New York.
Breakdown of Permit Fee Changes
New Building Application Fees:
- New applications for 1,2,3-family dwellings will be reduced from $0.12 per square foot to $.06 per square foot but not less than $100.00.
- New applications for all other buildings fewer than seven (7) stories and one hundred thousand square feet or less will not have an increase in the cost per square footage $0.26 but the minimum fee increases from $100.00 to $280.00.
- New applications for all other buildings seven (7) stories or greater or more than one hundred thousand square feet has increased in the cost per square footage from $0.26 to $0.45 and the minimum fee has increased from $100.00 to $290.00.
Alteration Building Application Fees:
- The fee calculation rate for new applications for 1,2,3-family homes has reduced from $5.15 for each $1,000.00 in excess of $5,000.00 to $2.60 for each $1,000.00. The minimum fees have not changed.
- The fee calculation rate for new applications fewer than seven (7) stories and less than one hundred thousand square feet buildings will no longer have a secondary rate (i.e. $20.00 for each $1,000.00 of the next $2,000.00).
- The fee calculation rate for new applications for seven (7) stories or more or greater than one hundred thousand square feet has increased from $10.30 as follows:
– Alteration 1 new fee calculation rate, $17.75 and the minimum fee is $290.00
– Alteration 2 and 3 fee calculation rates and minimum fees are unchanged
As a reminder, Dept. of Buildings accepts personal and company checks; money orders; credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover).