Landmarks Launches New Express Service Option
The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) recently launched the Business Express Service as a one-stop shop to assist with LPC permits.
Commercial stores, restaurants, and offices at the basement, first, and second floors are eligible to use this new program. Most work types are eligible for the Business Express Service including:
- Interior Work
- Minor Restoration Work: repainting, cleaning, repointing, etc.
- Storefronts, Windows and Doors (Note: may not qualify for staff level review)
- Signs and Related Lighting
- Barrier-Free Access: ramps, lifts, changes to doors, entrances and stairs (Note: may not qualify for staff level review)
- Sidewalks, Vault Lights or Hatches
- Health, Safety and Utility Equipment (security cameras, light fixtures, etc.)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Equipment
- Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafes
- Temporary Installations or Work: temporary signs, artwork, banners, kiosks, storefront probes, etc.
- Authorization to Proceed (ATP) Permits for work subject to an approved master plan
For more information see LPC’s Press Release.