Applications Filed by Sign Hangers
Earlier this month the DOB established a new rule which allows licensed sign hangers to file certain applications.
Licensed sign hangers will now be able to file applications to hoist, lower, hang, or attach certain wall-mounted, accessory signs and related structural elements without a registered design professional.
All sign applications must comply with the New York City Building Code and Zoning Resolution.
Master Sign Hangers are licensed to raise, lower, hang, or attach signs regardless of weight.
Special Sign Hangers are licensed to raise, lower, hang, or attach signs that are smaller than 150 square feet and weigh less than 1,200 pounds.
Licensed Sign Hangers may file applications for the following types of signs:
- Wall mounted accessory signs
- Smaller than 150 square feet
- Weigh less than 300 pounds
- Project no more than 18 inches beyond face of a building
- Entire sign is located below the height of the second-story ceiling
For more information about licensed sign hangers see the DOB page click here.