Additional DOB NOW Required Filings
The Department of Buildings (DOB) has released the next phase of DOB NOW: Build filings, which launches July 1, 2019. With this new phase, all mechanical, structural, plumbing, sprinkler, and standpipe scopes must be filed with DOB NOW: Build. After July 1st, filings with these trades will no longer be accepted at the local borough office or via Development HUB for filing.
- Mechanical Systems (MS)
- Formally designated as Mechanical (MH) work type.
- MS includes heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, as well as cooling towers, associated ducts, piping, and generators.
- Structural (ST)
- Includes concrete, aluminum, masonry, steel, wood, sign structures, temporary structural bracing, raising and moving of buildings, and partial demolition.
- Plumbing (PL), Sprinkler (SP), Standpipe (SD)
- PL, SP, & SD work types are currently filed either through the Building Information System (BIS) or DOB NOW. Starting July 1, PL, SP, & SD must be filed in DOB NOW: Build.