Additional DOB NOW Required Filings
The Department of Buildings (DOB) has released the next phase of DOB NOW: Build filings, which launches July 1, 2019. With this new phase, all mechanical, structural, plumbing, sprinkler, and standpipe scopes must be filed with DOB NOW: Build. After July 1st, filings with these trades will no longer be accepted at the local borough office or via Development HUB for filing.
- Mechanical Systems (MS)
- Formally designated as Mechanical (MH) work type.
- MS includes heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, as well as cooling towers, associated ducts, piping, and generators.
- Structural (ST)
- Includes concrete, aluminum, masonry, steel, wood, sign structures, temporary structural bracing, raising and moving of buildings, and partial demolition.
- Plumbing (PL), Sprinkler (SP), Standpipe (SD)
- PL, SP, & SD work types are currently filed either through the Building Information System (BIS) or DOB NOW. Starting July 1, PL, SP, & SD must be filed in DOB NOW: Build.
Applications submitted before July 1, 2019 must continue to be processed via the Building Information System (BIS), including Prior to Approval Actions, Post Approval Amendments (PAA), superseding, reinstatements, and withdrawals.
For help navigating DOB NOW, please contact your Design 2147 Project Manager for one on one screen sharing training.
See the DOB’s site for more information: