2016 NYC Triathlon Construction Embargo
A special event construction embargo is in effect this weekend for the NYC Triathlon. Only emergency work authorized by the Department of Transportation may take place from 12:01 am Friday, July 22 through 11:59 pm Sunday, July 24, 2016 in the embargoed locations.
- Henry Hudson Parkway (Northbound) between West 57th Street and the Henry Hudson Bridge
- West 72nd Street between Riverside Drive and Central Park West
- West 79st Street between Riverside Drive and Traffic Circle (Near West Side Highway)
- Henry Hudson Parkway (Northbound) between the Henry Hudson Bridge and the Mosholu Parkway
- Mosholu Parkway (Eastbound) between Henry Hudson Parkway and West Gun Hill Road
Click here to see DOT map for the NYC Triathlon.
Summer Streets Construction Embargo
Next weekend is the beginning of Summer Streets – a special event where almost 7 miles of NYC streets are closed to vehicular traffic and open to the public. This year Summer Streets will take place on Saturday, August 6, 13 and 20 from 7 am – 1 pm.
Find out more information about Summer Streets 2016 here.
Corresponding with this great event are general embargos and specific event day embargoes in Manhattan. Only emergency work authorized by the Department of Transportation may take place in the embargoed locations.
Click here to see DOT map for Summer Streets.
Special embargo waivers will be considered on and individual basis for new building, major alteration or governmental capital project work to work Sundays to Fridays. See DOT’s website here for an embargo waiver application which will be reviewed by OCMC-Streets and the Special Events Unit