Posted on September 15, 2014
The Operations Manager [OM] reports to the Project Executive [PE]. They are responsible for the coordination of filings with the various NYC agencies. They are responsible to understand the needs of the project and coordinate all issues and strategies with the client, architect, MEP disciplines and the owner.
The OM should possess a Class 1 or 2 registration with the Department of Buildings. The Operations Manager is responsible to maintain spreadsheets to identify all pending and permit renewals.
Primary duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Supervises clerical staff, and enforces company protocol and procedure
- Meets with the PE to understand the project strategy.
- Either solely or in conjunction with the team is responsible for client contact and the maintenance of reports and logs for the duration of a project.
- Overseas the preparation of all city agency forms and coordinates with the Filing Representatives to achieve the project schedule.
- Files permit applications through the NYC HUB system, when required.
- Prepares and updates status reports for internal and client use.
- Notifies internal team members when projects are permitted.
- Performs additional duties as required.