Happy Thanksgiving and Fire Safety Tips
Posted on November 23, 2016
Design 2147 wishes all of our friends and family a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.
As a reminder, the Department of Buildings will be closed the following days:
- Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Monday, December 26, 2015
- Monday, January 2, 2017
The FDNY has published some tips for safe practices while cooking this weekend.
- Stay in the kitchen while food is cooking
- Wear short or tight-fitting sleeves, long sleeves are more likely to catch fire.
- Ensure children and pets are not near the stove.
- Keep flammable materials such as towels and potholders away from the stove.
- Keep a pot lid handy to smother a pan fire. Do not move the pot or pan, shut off the heat and cover fire with a lid.
- Do not use water to extinguish a fire, this may cause splashing and cause the fire to spread.
- Treat any burns with cool running water.
For more information from the Fire Department including dates and locations of upcoming FDNY Fire Safety Education events click here.