DOB NOW: Build Introduced for New Plumbing and Sprinkler Applications
Posted on September 8, 2016
As of July 25, 2016, DOB NOW: Build has been open to Professional Engineers (PE), Registered Architects (RA), Licensees, Special Inspectors, Progress Inspectors, Filing Representatives and Owners to submit jobs to the Department of Buildings. However, DOB is currently only accepting filings for plumbing and/or sprinkler trades. Additional work types will be released in phases throughout 2016 and 2017.
This new system will utilize the DOB NOW: Build Data on Open Data system, as opposed to using the standard BIS system. DOB NOW: Build data available at nycopendata.socrata.com. However, you must still be registered in eFiling to log into DOB NOW: Build. With the new system, ALL parties must be registered eFiling users. There are different steps for the varying parties involved.
Review the presentation to learn more about how to register.
Click here to register with eFiling.
*DOB NOW: Build will have its own Account Registration available later in 2016.
Key Changes for DOB NOW: Build Plumbing and Sprinkler Filings
- For all DOB NOW: Build applications, the job filing and permit numbering system has changed. Please review DOB NOW: Build General Information presentation (page 62).
- Plumbing and Sprinkler jobs filled in DOB NOW will not appear in BIS. They will only be accessible through the DOB NOW: Build Dashboard system.
- System-generated emails will be sent to applicants, filing representatives, owners and contractors at critical milestones in the filing process.
- Every DOB NOW: Build filings will include new and revised filing forms.
- Plans and associated Required Documents can only be submitted electronically. This includes any/all data entry corrections that must be made.
- Appointments must be requested online. Meetings will be conducted virtually using GoToMeeting. No in-person appointments will be granted.
- Payments can only be made online.
- For applications filed in DOB NOW, initial and renewal Plumbing and Sprinkler permits as well as After Hour Variance permits must be pulled online. These cannot be pulled at the borough office at this time.
- Letter of Completion can be emailed and issued online.
As of September 2016, all violation issues will still be addressed at the borough offices, as well as any pre-determination/determination submissions or audits of self-cert applications. DOB NOW: Build has not yet been set up to accommodate these additional tasks.
In addition to DOB NOW: Build, the City will be releasing additional phases throughout 2016 and 2017, with an expected completion date sometime in 2018. By 2018, DOB NOW will be the main avenue for all DOB transactions. Some additional phases will include DOB NOW: Inspections (previously Inspection Ready), DOB NOW: Safety (includes all compliance filings such as facades, boilers, and elevators), DOB NOW: Licensing (to allow for online exam filing, issuance, and renewal for Licensees).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for further information related to DOB NOW. For some helpful links including user manuals, presentations and other DOB NOW: Build tutorials see the DOB NOW resources page here.
Rest assured your project managers at Design 2147 will be here to help you with projects every step of the way!